Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Wind Energy is Fabulous...and so is Second Wind: Another Intern’s Tale

As I have yet to be the profiled employee in the Triton Newsletter, I suppose I will have to introduce myself to Second Wind’s online followers via the blog…


My name is Melissa, and I have been working as the Sales & Marketing intern at Second Wind since May. In September, I will enter my final year at BU as I pursue a degree in Business Administration with a concentration in Marketing and a minor in Advertising. (It’s a mouthful, I know!) In my free time, I love running, watching the Red Sox, going to the movies, and reading. Today marks the last day of my internship, and I would like to share some of the wonderful things I have been able to experience at Second Wind this summer.


When I started at Second Wind in May, the team was knee-deep in preparations for the 2008 AWEA show in Houston, TX. It was amazing to see how much needs to be done to orchestrate a successful trade show appearance (and made me have new admiration for event planners!) While the team was running around Texas, I began to collaborate with our designer, Naomi, to create Second Wind’s new website. It’s been an ongoing project, which is (hopefully!) near completion. I look forward to the day the beautiful new site goes “live” for the world to see!




Working with Second Wind has been invaluable experience for me—one that I know will be useful when I decide what I “want to do when I grow up”, as Susan would say. All I know for now is that when I “grow up”, I hope to be lucky enough to work with a group of people as fabulous as the Second Wind team.

After working for a few companies which are considerably less wonderful than Second Wind, I can truly appreciate the fun, but hardworking, culture which exists here. All I can say is that I hope my signature phrases (via Matt), dance moves (via Allison), sassy attitude (via Julie), and love for turkey sandwiches (via Corvo) remain even after I leave 366 Summer Street!

All the best,
Melissa

“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.” –Margaret Mead

No comments: